People, do not use Golf Carts only for the course these days. The users have found various ways to use a Golf Cart. for example, it is being used as a means of transportations of all things for each and everyone who typically uses it.
If you want to pull beach gear, move around at various sports tournaments fast, or let’s say navigation through the neighborhood to go to the pool, you may use these vehicles. And sometimes it is true that a Golf Cart might be a slow-speed motor vehicle or a vehicle for personal use as these are somewhat speedy and more like slower electric vehicles or cars than carts.
With the growing and various use of Golf Carts and low-speed vehicles during the last ten years, more accidents happened, especially among children.
New England Journal of Preventive Medicine published research that says the number of accidents that are connected to the Golf Carts has been increasing gradually each year. And almost one-third of the accidents include those that are not more than sixteen years of age. The most familiar cause of injury was falling out of the Golf Cart appearing in 40 percent of the occurrence.
State laws and safety guidelines are beginning to catch up though. Installing a baby seat on a Golf cart has become indispensable. There are more pieces of information on how to install a baby seat safely and properly to avoid unexpected incidents that your baby can face.
Table Of Contents
How to install a Baby Seat on Golf Cart
There are a variety of Golf Carts that come in various shapes and sizes. An ordinary Golf Cart can hold up to two-person and includes additional space in the bag for keeping the Golf Bags.
if you want your children to enjoy touring the Golfing or you want to golf with more than a single player, you must need more seats on your Golf Cart to carry them to the Golf Playing site.
As we all know golf helps babies’ brains develop with great joy and excitement and has a great impact on the mental health of the youngers. But, It would be an inconvenience if your Golf Cart has only two seats. So the best way to solve the problem without purchasing a new Golf Cart that has four seats in it will be to attach or add 12 baby seats so that your little one can enjoy the feeling of being in a Golf playing site or any other area and develop their brain for the matter.
Now we are going to have some idea on how a baby seat can be installed and how to prepare the Golf Cart and everything. Let’s discuss the whole installation process to have a clearer idea about it.
- First and foremost, you should put on glasses and cut a portion that is 0.5 inches wide plywood for the foundation of the baby seat using a disk-shaped cutter. The board should be cut to a similar length as the forepart seat and the width is one foot.
- You need to cut a piece that is two inches thick foam which is the same size as the board utilizing a razor blade.
- Then spray the whole top part of the plywood using spray glue and add the foam to the wood. After doing it wait for the glue to be hardened perfectly for one or two minutes.
- Then, cut a thick piece of vinyl for the seat cover that intersects the plywood edges by 3 inches. The vinyl should be laid on the ground with the underpart facing up. After that, you lay the plywood in the middle of the vinyl that is covered in foam and the foam should be against the vinyl. Fold one vinyl side up then use a big size stapler to attach it to the plywood.
- Drag the opposite part of the vinyl tight and staple it in place. Do the same process for the other two sides. Make the rear seat out of the plywood and foam doing the similar process as in steps one and four. The backrest needs to be the size that fits best your child’s height or it can be the same as the front seat if you use a comfortable seat belt that holds the baby perfectly.
- Calculate from the rear roof maintaining stick or rod straight to the bumper. Cut a couple of metal pipes to the measured length using a grinder with a cutting disc that is at the right angle.
- Trace the pipes in the area they have to be bent or curved at a Ninty Degree angle to go straight to the bumper. The propane torch should be lighted and you need to hold it on the trace or mark until the metal is blazing hot to be bent. Now bend the pipes and wait for them to be cool. Clutch the first pipe the second one at the time when you are curving the pipe to ensure they are at the duplicate angle.
Now we know how to install a baby seat on a Golf Cart. Let’s talk about some important tips on the safety issue for driving a golf cart with your children safely.
Following the rules is very crucial
The best way to keep the passengers and drivers safe is to abide by the laws for LSV or Golf Cart. most important thing is to make sure that there is a skilled and licensed driver behind the wheel. Please avoid allowing more than the mentioned numbers of passengers. Nad you should not make any post-factory setting. Never modify or put the cart’s speed controller out of action.
Teaching your children the fundamental safety
It is amazing and fun for the kids to ride in a Golf Cart. but, because it is a moving vehicle although the speed is low, specific rules should be followed. Advise your kids to remain seated as long as the cart is moving with their feet resting on the cart floor. Seatbelts must be worn, especially for the children and the passengers must hold on to the safety bar or armrests while the Golf Cart turns. Your kids should be put in the forward-facing seat because they are most probably to fall from the seat that is rear-facing.
Assuming you are shopping or renting for a Golf Cart or LSV for your children to ride on it, you should look for the types that have seatbelts arrangement in them and also forward-facing chair. The safer the item the better. You should also keep in mind that what kind of vehicles you are renting and what are the restrictions for the town in which you are going to drive the cart. Remember, Golf Cart is not a typical Vehicle or a car.