We can all agree that golf is a great all-around sport for everyone. Not only is it a great physical exercise, but it trains you mentally as well. And the best part? Golf knows no age limit. Whether you’re young or old, you can surely have fun with a round of golf. But with the recent travel and social restrictions, most golf courses still remain closed. Fortunately, you can still practice your swing in the comfort of your home – with the help of a trusted best indoor putting greens.
In most cases, beginners find themselves lost with all the options available. Lucky for you, we aim to cut your search to make things easier for you. We will provide you with ten indoor putting greens reviews to ultimately help you pick the best golf indoor putting green for you.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is an Indoor Putting Green?
- 2 Our Top 3 Winners For The ‘Best Golf Indoor Putting Mats’
- 3 10 Best Golf Indoor Putting Greens Reviews & Analyzed
- 3.1 VariSpeed Putting System Review: ( Practice 4 Different Speeds On One Mat)
- 3.2 SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return Review: (Best For Advanced Golfer)
- 3.3 Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green Review: (Best Budget Putting Mat)
- 3.4 PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat Review: (Best Value Putting Mat)
- 3.5 Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat Review: (Easy To Use)
- 3.6 SKLZ Golf Indoor Putting Green Review: (Pro’s Choice)
- 3.7 BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat Review: (Best Premium)
- 3.8 PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat Review: (Best Design)
- 3.9 DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat Review: (Best Portable Mat With Ball Tray)
- 3.10 PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat Review: ( Best Functional)
- 4 Buying Guide Of Best Golf Indoor Putting Greens
- 5 Advantages of Investing in the Best Indoor Putting Greens
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
- 7 Final Thoughts
What is an Indoor Putting Green?
If you’re a beginner, we understand that all these golf terms can be overwhelming. This is why we believe it’s best to discuss what an indoor golf putting green is first.
An indoor putting mat is a small area composed of artificial turf that mimics the texture and smoothness of the putting green of a real golf course. Otherwise known as an golf putting mat, this area can serve as a convenient space where you can practice your golf skills without leaving home.
Because it’s designed for indoor use, the perfect practice putting mat should be easy to install and can be rolled up for easy storage. The bottom part should also have excellent traction to keep the mat from slipping when you make a shot.
Our Top 3 Winners For The ‘Best Golf Indoor Putting Mats’
If You Don’t Have Time To Read, Then Take A Look At Our Top Choice ….
10 Best Golf Indoor Putting Greens Reviews & Analyzed
Now that you know what an indoor putting mat is, we can now introduce you to our top 10 picks for the best indoor putting mats for this year. What are those? Let’s see the list:
VariSpeed Putting System Review: ( Practice 4 Different Speeds On One Mat)
If you’re looking for the putting green that offers the most fun, then the VariSpeed Putting System would be perfect for you. It is one of the few golf practice putting mats that offer adjustable speeds to match the player’s skill and preference.
VariSpeed Putting System reviews weren’t lying when they said that you can practice 4 speeds with this indoor putting mat. It offers Stimp-tested speeds ranging from 7.5 to 13, thereby making it great for different kinds of players.
You adjust it easily by brushing the turf with the included roller brush in the direction corresponding to the speed of your choice. Considering its 10-feet by 20-inch dimensions, you can do this in minutes. This also allows you to test your striking precision at different speeds to ensure winning a game.
At the same time, having one mat with 4-speed levels saves you a lot of money. You don’t have to buy 4 different putting mats to practice at different speeds. The best part about it is that the VariSpeed Putting System isn’t even expensive at all.
Aside from its adjustable speed feature, we also love that it allows your golf ball to leave visible traces. To the serious golfer, this allows you to analyze your technique to see where you need to make improvements to perfect it. If you’re worried about a messy-looking mat, don’t worry – the traces can be easily erased with the supplied brush.
The VariSpeed Putting System has printed guides to help you improve your golfing skills at different distances and angles. And to make sure you reach your full potential, it also comes with an adjustable break wedge that can mimic slopes of varying heights for the added challenge. Without a doubt, this is an indoor practice putting green that’s testing you for the real deal.
Aside from your practice time, you can also use this putting system to entertain guests. It comes with a booklet containing games and techniques that you can try to challenge each other. This is a great way to learn and have fun with friends. And since it’s compact when rolled up, you can take it with you wherever you want.
- ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS – Choose from 4 Stimp tested speeds ranging from 7.5-13 on one indoor putting green
- VISIBLE BALL TRACES – Evaluate every putt by being able to see the exact path of your ball
- CUSTOM BREAKS – With the included adjustable break wedge you can set up realistic break conditions
- The varying speed feature helps improve various aspects of your golfing skills.
- It offers great value for the money.
- It comes with a booklet filled with training exercises and games.
- It comes with useful accessories to help you improve your game.
- Its compact design makes it portable.
- It is made of premium and durable materials.
- It has convenient markings.
- It develops wrinkles easily.
- The sides tend to curl up.
SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return Review: (Best For Advanced Golfer)
We couldn’t seem to find SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return reviews that didn’t like the product, so we were curious to try it on our own. And with all honesty, we were quite surprised by how well it performed.
This 9-foot long putting green has a narrow 16.25-inch width that allows you to focus on improving how you putt. Because of the limited width, you can focus better on making sure that the ball only falls into the ball.
But the narrow design on the SKLZ Putting Greens with Ball Return isn’t always a bad thing. This also means that you can use it virtually anywhere – in the living room, in the garage, and even in your office! And since it rolls into a compact size, portability is certainly not an issue.
The expert designers behind this golf practice putting mat also understand that you might have to use your putting skills at different distances. This is why they came up with squaring and alignment guides at 3, 5, and 7 feet. This is guaranteed to help you practice your swing at different rates to ensure winning the game.
Another feature we love about the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor golf Putting Green is its ball return feature. This keeps you from having to run after the golf ball each time you miss the hole. We also love that it has a gradual incline that mimics the slope surrounding a hole. This allows you to shoot with better accuracy regardless of the terrain you’re playing in.
The True-Roll surface on the SKLZ Accelerator Pro also mimics the feel of actual greens, and this allows the ball to roll naturally as it would on the playing field. With this feature, you know that you’re already practicing for the real deal.
Overall, there’s no doubt that the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor golf Putting Green with Ball Return is the best golf indoor putting mats with ball return. It was designed to help you focus on your putting practice coupled with a narrow design that promotes portability. And for its price, you’re surely getting more than your money’s worth.
- 9-foot indoor putting green with continuous automatic ball return for developing accuracy and control
- Squaring and alignment guides at 3, 5, and 7 feet help promote consistency in every aspect of putting motion
- Continuous automatic ball return allows for uninterrupted training
- It mimics the surface of actual greens for more precise puts.
- It has a convenient roll-back feature.
- The automatic ball return feature allows you to focus on your practice.
- It rolls to a compact size for easier storage,
- The narrow dimensions make it versatile for different indoor playing settings.
- The edges tend to curl out.
- The size may be too small for some users.
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green Review: (Best Budget Putting Mat)
First on our list is the Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green. If you’re a beginner who’s looking for a budget-friendly putting green to work your swings on, this is your best choice.
This putting green is specially manufactured using polyethylene terephthalate or PET resin. This material is known for its lightweight construction and durability, so you know that it’s built to last. And since it’s lightweight, you can also take it with you to different places with no problem.
Since the turf is purely artificial, you don’t have to worry about it growing and needing maintenance work. The premium materials used for its construction stays the same, thereby maintaining its smoothness even after using it for a couple of years – and that’s great value for the money.
The kidney-shaped Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green comes with three practice cup cutouts located at different sides of one end. This allows you to practice your precision at different angles to guarantee a win at your next game.
Even if you miss your shots, you don’t have to worry about chasing after the ball every time. This putting green has built-in sand traps that will catch your golf balls in case of a miss.
To ensure a firm grip on the floor’s surface, the Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green has a non-skid backing. This prevents the mat from moving around while you play, thereby helping you focus on improving your golfing skills.
All things considered, the Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green is the best indoor putting greens for golfers on a budget. Considering its convenient design and long-lasting smooth surface, it’s easy to see why Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green reviews are always so positive.
- Manufactured from PET resin
- Manufactured in the USA
- Kidney shaped practice putting green
- It is easy to install and fold away after use.
- It is made of premium and durable materials.
- It comes with three cups to help improve putting accuracy in different angles.
- The kidney-shaped design helps add a bit of a challenge.
- It has built-in sand traps for our convenience.
- It is very affordable.
- It does not come with a storage case, which could create storage issues.
- It does not have a gradual incline.
PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat Review: (Best Value Putting Mat)
For the serious golfer who wants to invest in a premium putting mat, look no further than the PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat. With its high-quality construction and superior design, we could easily see why PERFECT PRACTICE Putting Mat reviews are always so positive.
One of the main features we love about this putting mat is its user-friendly design. Earlier, we mentioned that golf is for everyone. And this putting green guarantees that everyone gets to practice and enjoy golf.
Most putting greens are specifically designed for right-handed players, so the PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat corrected that design flaw. This mat made sure that even those who are left-handed can stand comfortably over the ball to fully enjoy its many features.
Undoubtedly, this putting green will level out the playing field for everyone – and that’s something that definitely deserves praise.
This putting mat is made with a special Crystal Velvet material that allows the ball to roll as smoothly as possible. This provides you with speeds similar to those on an actual golf course, and this is guaranteed to help you with your consistency and accuracy.
And since we’re on the subject of accuracy, we should also mention its convenient alignment design. This feature allows you to shoot a straight-back straight-through, thereby helping you achieve a good putting stroke to improve your score.
The PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat also has a convenient automatic ball return feature. You don’t have to run after the ball every time you miss the hole since it comes rolling back to you automatically. As a result, you can focus on improving your golfing skills. This feature makes it a contender for the best indoor putting mats with ball return.
To make sure that you get the right stroke every time, this putting mat has several distances marked on it. This gives you confidence that you will be able to hit that golf ball accurately regardless of where it lands on the green.
Admittedly, the PERFECT PRACTICE Perfect Putting Mat can be quite pricey. We recommend this item for serious golfers who are willing to invest in a pricey putting green for their home. But if you weigh the price vis-a-vis its features, you know that it’s very much worth the price.
- PORTABLE - The official golf putting green of former World #1 PGA Tour pro Dustin Johnson, our indoor putting mat enables you to level up your golf game at home, in the office, or on-the-go.
- STANDARD EDITION - At 9' 6" long, these golf putting greens for indoor use feature 2-hole training to help improve your putting accuracy and reinforce the precision of each stroke.
- HIGH QUALITY SURFACE - Each Perfect Practice golf putting mat is crafted with a unique crystal velvet material, allowing your golf ball to effortlessly roll as if it were out on the greens.
- It is made of premium and durable materials.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It can be used by both right and left-handed golfers.
- It offers 4 distances to practice putting on.
- Users have three size options to choose from.
- It offers easy storage.
- The roll-back feature is convenient.
- It can be quite pricey.
Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat Review: (Easy To Use)
Another top contender for the best indoor golf putting mat is the Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat. If you prefer a rectangular and larger version of the Putt-A-Bout Grassroots, this is perfect for you.
With 3 feet by 11 feet dimensions, there’s enough green for you to practice putting on different angles. It reminds us of the large birdieball putting green or big moss putting green, but at a price that’s about half. And that’s really good value, especially if you’re still a beginner.
To ensure that you perfect your swing at different angles and distances, it comes with movable putting cups. This is a convenient feature, since you can mount them in any location you want. That allows you to practice your accuracy and control at varying distances.
The premium back panel of this putting green is made of premium rubber that offers excellent traction on the floor so it lays flat for a long time. You don’t have to worry about wrinkles, creases, curled edges, or fold marks with this mat. This feature also makes it easy to install.
Like all Putt-A-Bout putting mats, the Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat easily rolls into a compact cylinder that allows for convenient storage when you’re done using it. And since it’s lightweight, portability is not an issue. Thus, you can practice your swing virtually anywhere you want to.
All things considered, the Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat is a great indoor golf putting green for golf enthusiasts on a budget. As long as you have enough floor space for this large mat, the fun will be endless.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor residential or office use
- Large 11 foot long by 36 inch wide putting area
- 36 inch wide green enables you to stand on the putting surface and putt from different angles
- Most Putt-A-Bout Golf Putting Mat reviews share that it does not wrinkle or curl at the ends.
- It is easy to install.
- The putting cups are movable, which allows for putting accuracy at different angles.
- It offers great value for the money.
- It offers a large practice area.
- It is not very durable.
- It requires a larger floor area for installation.
SKLZ Golf Indoor Putting Green Review: (Pro’s Choice)
The SKLZ Golf practice putting mat is another affordable option for golfers of all ages. We must admit, it has one of the best layouts and designs we’ve seen, which is quite impressive considering its price. No wonder why SKLZ Golf Indoor Putting Green reviews are always so positive!
This indoor practice golf putting green comes with 3 holes that are located at different levels. This well-thought design allows you to practice your putting with different degrees of strength and control – and that allows you to conquer almost any golfing terrain.
At 3 feet wide and 6 feet and 6 inches long, the SKLZ Golf Putting Mat offers a decent area for you to practice on. While it has a shorter length than most indoor greens, this comes at an advantage if you have limited space in your home.
Thanks to the premium materials used in its construction, this putting green offers a true-roll surface that allows the golf ball to roll as if it were on a championship golf course. This assures you that your putting practice is preparing you for bigger games.
Since the SKLZ Golf Green is here to help you practice, the manufacturer knows that not all its users are already experienced golfers. They conveniently designed bunkers behind each hole to help catch your missed shots. You don’t have to worry about your golf balls scattered all over the room!
Also, you don’t have to worry about it slipping out of place whenever you try to strike a putt. It has a rubber backing that provides superior traction to prevent movement, so you’re assured of the accuracy of each shot.
Overall, the SKLZ Golf practice Indoor Putting mat is a top contender for the best indoor putting mat because of its impressive layout and superior design while still being really affordable. This makes it the perfect entry-level putting green for budding golfers and experienced players alike.
- Simulate real putts. Slight upslope at the cup and true-roll surface emulates putting on actual greens up to eight and a half feet.
- Challenge yourself. With three cups to choose from make your putting practice more challenging. Bunkers behind holes to catch missed puts.
- PUTTING CONFIDENCE. Practice consistency to improve your putting stroke - squaring the face, tempo, and follow through.
- It is made of premium materials.
- It mimics the texture and feel of actual greens.
- It has 3 cups to help you test consistency and accuracy.
- It is easy to install and roll up for storage.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It is very affordable.
- It is not very durable.
- It wrinkles easily and the edged tent to curl up.
BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat Review: (Best Premium)
For those who are looking for a heavy-duty putting mat, you won’t regret buying the BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat. With its superior quality and professional-grade layout, this all-around putting mat is bound to help you improve your accuracy, control, and overall golfing confidence.
BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat reviews had us intrigued, so we explored its features for ourselves. And true enough, this is one putting mat that serious golfers should consider.
To start, this golf putting green is designed to provide its users with an accurate replica of a putting green on an actual golf course. It has artificial putting grass that stands at 10 millimeters tall that’s surrounded by 35-millimeter outer grass. This imitates the usual landscape around golf courses while also preventing the ball to roll over the mat.
As a result of this unique design, you don’t have to run far to retrieve your missed shot.
Speaking of imitating the actual golf course, the BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat comes with 3 holes with stainless steel cups and flags. These elements share the same size as real ones, thereby further ensuring that you’ll be able to practice your swings with the utmost precision.
You don’t have to worry about it falling apart easily, either. The artificial turf is held onto the base by 2-millimeter thick ECO glue. Even after years of regularly using this putting green, the premium construction won’t give in – and that’s a tell-tale sign of great investment.
At the base of the BOBURN Golf Putting Mat is a 10-millimeter rubber base. Not only does this give the mat a firm grip on the floor, but its thickness also prevents it from developing fold marks, wrinkles, and creases. You can immediately start playing right after you lay it on the ground – no more waiting for the edges and folds to flatten out.
Thanks to its superior and solid construction, this putting green offers unparalleled versatility. While it’s recommended for indoor use, there’s no harm in using it outdoors as well. And this tells us how durable it truly is.
Perhaps the only drawback we could find was that it is quite pricey. If you’re only looking for a putting green for fun, this may not be the practical choice. But if you plan to train to compete in golf tournaments, the BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat is a worthy investment. And considering its reputation of impressive quality and longevity, your money won’t go down the drain.
- ⁂ real feel – with one of this golf putting Green You will have the Actual feel that you are in a golf course. True-roll surface simulates real green conditions with a similar stamp reading about 10.
- ☀ heavy duty –this golf putting Mat is made of the highest quality material that you can find anywhere. It has a soft high-elastic base that helps it to adhere on any surface that you place it on indoors.
- ☁ Golf like holes – the three golf holes on the putting Green look like the ones you get on a golf course. They have a stainless steel flag post and the cup as well. This produces a certain sound whenever you put a ball in it.
- It is made of premium and durable materials.
- It mimics the turf of an actual golf course.
- It has three cups located in different areas to help you improve putting accuracy.
- Users have 4 size options to choose from.
- The thick rubber backing has an excellent grip over the floor.
- It is quite pricey.
PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat Review: (Best Design)
For the golfer who’s always on the go, we found the best golf indoor putting mat for you. In this PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat review, we’ll discuss all the features and reasons why this artificial turf allows you to play wherever you want.
With dimensions of 7.87 feet by 1.64 feet, the PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat offers a decent area where you can practice your swing. This limited space allows you to focus on keeping a straight shot to improve your putting control and accuracy.
Because of these slightly smaller proportions, storage isn’t a problem. This mat easily rolls into a compact cylindrical shape that won’t take up a lot of space. For added convenience, it comes with a carrying case, so taking it with you to places is easy and hassle-free. So whether you plan to use it at home or the office, you don’t have to worry about carrying a big, bulky mat.
Since the PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat is designed for portability, it must have a non-creasing construction. After all, you don’t want to play on an indoor golf putting mats that doesn’t lay flat after being rolled out.
Fortunately, it is made with an extra-thick TPR rubber backing that lays fat instantly. No matter how long it’s been rolled-up, it will lay flat as soon as you open it. This guarantees that you can start practicing without delay, which is a great use of your time. This feature also assures you that there won’t be any wrinkles that will affect how the ball rolls.
Speaking of how smoothly the golf ball will glide on the artificial turf, the PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat is made with a high-quality cut-pile surface that allows for medium to fast action. This makes it great for golfers of all skill levels.
We also love that the PuttOut Pro has a printed alignment guide to help you practice your stroke at different distances. And to improve your game even further, it comes with 5 drills that you can try. And that makes it one of the best indoor putting greens for beginners.
While the PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat doesn’t come with its own putting cups, it’s good to know that it’s compatible with any flat putting up. This only adds proof to how versatile it truly is.
- For any golfer a home putting set-up is an essential training tool, and the PuttOUT Putting Mat makes practice enjoyable, effective and easy to fit into your day wherever you are.
- Constructed with a durable, heavy-rubber backing to allow the mat to lie smooth and flat on any surface, easily roll the mat away and into the compact carry bag for practice on the go.
- The high quality cut-pile surface is designed to accurately replicate a medium-to-fast green, with a stimpmeter reading of 10.
- It has convenient distance markers.
- It is made of premium and durable material.
- It stays flat and has excellent traction over the floor to keep it from slipping.
- It is easy to install.
- It rolls into a compact size for easier storage and portability.
- A carrying case is already included.
- It is affordable.
- Some users report their golf balls running slow when using this mat.
DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat Review: (Best Portable Mat With Ball Tray)
The DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat is your go-to golf putting green if you want to know how it feels to practice like a pro. With a commercial-grade construction and layout, this is the best option if you want a professional indoor golf setup.
By commercial-grade, we mean that it is made of the best materials for an artificial green. The 3-dimensional turf fibers are made from 100% nylon, making it 30% more dense than its competitors but giving it a feel that’s closest to a real green. This provides the ball with impressive speed and action that allows you to practice your control and precision.
Another interesting fact about the DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat is that the turf fibers are not simply glued on the backing. Instead, each one is thermally bonded to make sure that it stays in place even after decades of use. And if that’s not impressive for an indoor putting green, we don’t know what is!
And it doesn’t end there. This indoor putting mat is treated to resist different weather and boasts 8-year UV protection. That means that the color won’t easily fade, so you’ll have a turf that will look great for years. This makes it great for both indoor and outdoor use.
As for the backing, it is made of a thick ⅝-inch heavy rubber backing that lays flat in an instant. You don’t have to worry about uneven lines and curled edges from its previous rolled-up position. Also, the rubber backing is texturized to provide superior traction even and smooth surfaces.
But most importantly, the rubber material helps absorb club shocks, making it more comfortable for your wrists and elbows. This allows you to practice your strokes for longer periods.
All things considered, the DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat is the best indoor putting mat for more invested players. While it can be quite pricey, it is the only one that provides you with that country club experience without leaving home. We’re not complaining at all.
- TOP-RATED COMMERCIAL GOLF OUTDOOR MAT: The (4x5 feet) premium and portable turf & rubber mat used by golf courses, ranges and schools nationwide! These entry-level model mats come pre-punched w/ holes for rubber tees w/ a 5/8" heavy texturized rubber backing. Includes 3 free rubber tees--one 2 ¼ tee for fairway woods, one 3″ tee for drivers & 1 adjustable wood tee holder as an added exclusive bonus.
- GOLF PRACTICE MAT FOR PROS AND BEGINNERS ALIKE: Golf hitting mat used in public golf courses or ranges and for people looking for entry level option with the premium level of padding. Made of 100% nylon 3D turf fibers and 30% denser than ordinary residential golf practice mats! Absorbs club shock, easy on the wrists and elbows of the pro and newbie alike. Non-slip, non-staining, and thermally bonded turf mat for longevity!
- QUALITY & DURABILITY TO A TEE: Has a thin pile height on turf for entry-level model golf courses and ranges. Thermally bonded (not glued), has an all-weather resistant and 8-year UV sun protection. Resists tears, fading, curling and separation too! Perfect for your backyard golf chipping game, and hitting/chipping practice game.
- It is made of premium and durable materials.
- The material is tear-resistant, fade-resistant, curl-resistant, and separation-resistant.
- It is treated with UV protection for enhanced longevity.
- Users have 3 sizes to choose from.
- It is all weather-resistant.
- It provides golfers with an excellent feel that mimics the actual golf course turf.
- It offers excellent value for the money.
- As of writing, there are no negative DURA-PRO Commercial Golf Mat reviews.
PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat Review: ( Best Functional)
Last but not the least, we have the PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat. With all its features and freebies, this has to be the best indoor putting mat if you’re looking for premium entertainment at a reasonable price.
It is designed with 4 adjustable speed options ranging from 8 to 12.5 on the Stimp meter. By brushing the turf in a certain direction, you can easily alter the speed by which the ball rolls on it. This speed range simulates the speeds available on a regular golf course to a tournament course, so you can use this mat as you improve your skills.
The PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat also allows the ball to leave visible traces so you can easily tell what went wrong with your shot. This allows you to correct your mistakes until you perfect the technique.
Aside from the ball traces, this golf putting green also has stroke guides that can help you perfect your alignment, control, acceleration, and accuracy. And with the help of the supplied guide book, you can even take your skills to the next level and train like a pro.
If you think these features already make the PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat good enough, wait until you hear the rest. It comes with movable wedges and slope simulators that help create the professional golf course landscape. Without a doubt, this mat will really help you reach your full potential.
But aside from training purposes, you can also use it to have fun with friends. This putting mat is designed with up to 7 game modes that allow you to compete with up to 4 of your friends. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply having friends over, this putting mat is a guaranteed way to entertain everyone.
The best part about the PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat is its superior construction. It is made from top-level polyester material that’s manufactured without harmful chemicals. This makes it environment-friendly and safe for users and pets.
All things considered, it is so easy to see why all PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat reviews talk highly of this product.
- 🏌【ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS】Choose from 4 Stimp tested speeds ranging from 8-12.5 on one indoor putting green.
- 🏌【SLOPE SIMULATION SYSTEM】Two Multi-angle Slope Simulators, with 5 changeable slope types plus 6 extra foam wedges, allow you to customize your green in any way you like!
- 🏌【VISIBLE BALL TRACES】Evaluate every putt by being able to see the exact path of your ball. Perfect Your Distance & Direction Control on 25 Training Bands and your Alignment with built-in stroke guidelines.
- It is designed for multiple playing modes.
- It comes with a guide book that contains training tips.
- It comes with 12 accessories to help mimic the slopes of a golf course and improve your game.
- It has varying speed options.
- It offers excellent value for the money.
- Some components and accessories are not very durable.
- The sides tend to curl up.
Buying Guide Of Best Golf Indoor Putting Greens
At this point, you’re now familiar with our top 10 picks for the best putting greens for indoors. There’s a chance that you may find yourself torn between two or more options, so we prepared this buying guide to help you trim down your options.
The first factor you have to consider is the size of the mat. In determining the size you need, there are two elements you have to look into.
First is the size of the space where you plan to install it. Make sure that you have enough space in your home or office to use it on. If you buy one that won’t fit in the room, you’ll end up wasting your money.
The second is that it has to have a decent area for you to practice on. This greatly depends on your preference. Some users prefer a wide putting green, while others focus better with a narrow mat. The choice is up to you.
The second factor you have to consider is the shape of the indoor putting mat. This also has a lot to do with how you want to practice your putts.
Most putting greens come in rectangular shapes, while others have curved ends or kidney-shaped features. Some users believe that practicing more complicated shots can be done with curved mats, but others believe you can do the same with rectangular ones. Again, the final decision depends on your preference.
One of the most important factors you have to consider is the speed that the putting green provides the golf ball. This is measured based on the Stimp meter, which is recognized throughout the golfing community.
An average turf has a speed rating of 6.5, so you don’t want to buy one that has a rating lower than that. For more experienced players, it is best to go with a mat that offers speeds higher than 6.5, preferably somewhere around 10 to 12. This will give you that tournament golf course feel to prepare you for your next competition.
Material and Construction
Of course, the quality of the material should not be overlooked.
As much as possible, you want to invest in a premium-grade putting green. A putting mat made of cheap materials tends to have fallouts easily, and this leads you to buy a new one every time. As a result, you’ll end up spending more than the price of a durable yet high-quality mat.
Signs that the mat is of great quality include a dense turf, heavy backing, and thick glue. But preferably, a mat with fibers that were thermally-bonded are known to last longer than those that are glued on. However, thermally-bonded mats can be quite expensive. Take these into mind before you buy one.
While most users have a fixed indoor golf room in their homes where the artificial green will be installed, some users prefer to practice in different places. In case you’re one of the latter, portability is another factor that you have to look into.
By portability, it doesn’t mean that you should have a mat that’s lightweight with modest dimensions. While this seems desirable, you don’t have to limit yourself to a small putting green.
Important considerations to look into include whether the mat is easy to roll up, flattens out easily, and can easily fit inside a bag.
As much as possible, the mat shouldn’t have curled up edges after you unroll it, because it would take time before it flattens out. And you don’t want that, because it can be a big waste of time.
Also, some manufacturers include a carrying case for their putting greens. This is a convenient freebie to consider if you want a portable indoor putting green.
Since the main purpose of the indoor putting mat is to help you practice and improve your golfing skills, it would be best to buy one that has training features. These features include printed guides, built-in holes at varying distances, adjustable slopes, and other similar features.
Some manufacturers even throw in a training manual that will walk you through the different tips and techniques. All of these features are guaranteed to help you bring your a-game.
Advantages of Investing in the Best Indoor Putting Greens
Still not convinced if you should buy an indoor putting green? We suggest reading through the following advantages first before you make your ultimate decision.
- Owning an golf green saves you a lot of money in the long run. Since it uses artificial materials to mimic the feel of the golf course, you don’t have to spend money on actually growing grass and keeping it well-maintained.
Also, since you can practice your putts at home, you don’t have to spend money on golf course fees. Not to mention, you don’t have to drive far just to get to the golf course.
All of these add up and save you a lot of money over time.
- An indoor putting green helps keep you in shape. Since it’s installed right inside your home, you are regularly reminded to practice. Practicing your putts is a great exercise, and that helps you stay in shape.
- Since the golf green is conveniently located at home, you can practice anytime you want. You don’t have to worry about closing times at all. Also, since these mats are generally portable, you can practice virtually anywhere as long as there’s sufficient surface to lay it on.
- It can also be a great way to entertain family and friends. Aside from using it for your putting practice, you can also use your putting green to play games with friends and family.
- And finally, an golf green undoubtedly Improves the value of your home. A home with an installed putting green instantly becomes attractive to potential buyers, and that allows it to have competitive pricing when it’s time to sell your home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Before we end this article, we also answered some of your frequently asked questions.
What is the best golf indoor putting green?
While we believe all the options listed in this article deserve recognition, there were a few putting mats that stood out from the rest. In terms of all-around functionality ad value for money, we believe the VariSpeed Putting System Putting Mat outranks its competition.
But in terms of quality, longevity, and how well you can use it for training, there’s no doubt that the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return is the best indoor putting greens in the market.
How do you clean an indoor putting green?
Unlike an actual grassy turf, an indoor putting golf green is an artificial turf that’s made with polyester or nylon material to mimic the feel and texture of the grass. As a result, it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance work as a real green. You can simply use a broom to sweep it clean.
However, we highly suggest looking into the care instructions recommended by each manufacturer. Doing so will ensure that you’re taking care of your mat so you get to use it for a long time.
What is the ideal speed rating of an indoor putting green?
The ideal speed rating of an indoor putting green relies largely on the speed rating of the turf you’re planning to play on. If you’re playing on a regular golf course, a speed rating ranging from 6.4 to 10 on the Stimp meter would suffice. But if you’re playing on a tournament golf course, you would need an indoor putting mat with a speed rating of at least 12.
We must admit, it was hard to choose which one is the best golf indoor putting green. With the different key features that they offer, we believe that each item on this list deserves to be the best in their respective categories.
If you’re still unsure about which indoor putting green you should buy, our detailed buying guide is always here to help. Just make an assessment based on the factors we’ve enumerated and you’ll be able to find the perfect golf green for you.
Bear in mind that what may be the best for you may not work for others, so it’s always important to assess your needs first before you buy anything.
Have an excellent golfing time!
Last update on 2021-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API