Golf gloves are essential for a better grip on the golf club while you’re out on the green. If they get covered in dirt, sand, or stains, washing them is super important. Washing your gloves in the wrong way can ruin them. The most common way to clean a machine-washable glove is to wash it in the sink. Hand-washable gloves should be washed similarly. If a glove cannot be machine-washed, it must only be spot-cleaned as needed.
There are so many different kinds of golf gloves on the market today. It’s hard to decide which is best for you. How do you know whether you need a glove with synthetic leather or one with cotton? What type of palm is best for gripping the club? Some golfers don’t even realize that certain elements will affect how quickly your golf glove wears out and what you can do to make it last longer. Read on to learn how to clean golf gloves.
Table Of Contents
How to Get a Good Grip for your Golf Game
The perfect grip for a golfer is a firm and relaxed one. Pro golfers on tournaments such as PGA wear grips that combine these two to maximize their game—not wearing one on the green, though.
You can never underestimate the importance of golf gloves when you play golf. They are the least expensive item in your arsenal, whether you use synthetic or Cabretta golf gloves. Golf gloves are inexpensive compared to the other golf equipment – the golf bag, clubs, and shoes. But despite their low cost, they’re a great helpful tool for getting the ball into a hole.
Golfers are always looking for golf gloves that are new and clean. But, they might think it’s challenging to clean golf gloves. The truth is, it’s really easy. With the proper care, your golf gloves should last a whole month.
The average golf gloves should only last 2-4 rounds of golf before they start to wear out. Then, you can go for the bionic golf gloves to last up to 8 rounds, but simply following some easy care tips will allow you to get the most out of your glove.
How to Clean Golf Gloves At Home
To keep your golf glove from breaking down quickly, it’s a good idea to remove any buildup as soon as possible. In addition, the quicker you wash the gloves, the better they’ll be for reuse. Also, cleaning them according to our guidelines is a great way to make them last longer:
- Give your golf gloves a quick once-over. Then, use your hands or a soft brush to wipe off any debris gently.
- To remove odors, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite liquid soap to the water in your sink. This will also make your gloves soft. Or, try adding 1 tablespoon of liquid fabric softener- it will make your gloves smell better and feel great!
- Clean your golf gloves by wetting your hands and then placing them inside the gloves. Next, wipe your hands clean of dirt, then squeeze water through the gloves to clean them.
- The best way to dry gloves is by air-drying them. You can hang them over your sink or place them in front of a fan. The drying process could take up to 24 hours.
- Place a clean, folded towel under running water and let it soak up the water. It should be damp but not dripping. Next, unfold the towel and place it on your face for about 60 seconds.
- Create a soapy solution by adding three to four drops of liquid soap to one side of your washcloth.
- Clean the dirty areas of the golf glove with the soapy side of the towel. Then, clean the rest of the glove with the other side.
- One way to clean the inside of gloves is to turn them inside out and scrub their insides. If you cannot turn gloves inside out, simply wipe the soapy towel across the inside.
- Lastly, it would be best if you air-dried your gloves.
How to Clean Cabretta Leather Golf Gloves at Home
Leather is one of the most popular materials for golf gloves and one that feels great to wear. Although durable and long-lasting, leather golf gloves require regular cleaning to stay in top condition and protect the life of the glove. Follow these simple steps to clean Cabretta leather golf gloves at home:
Washing Your Golf gloves:
- It would help if you washed your gloves to remove dirt, sweat, and buildup. However, most leather golf gloves are not washable, so check the label before you do anything.
- Almost all Bionic golf gloves are safe to wash. That is because all Bionic gloves are treated with a unique formula to keep them safe in the washing machine.
- The leather is very soft and delicate. Handle it with care. Golf gloves can be washed as long as they’re visibly soiled, but excessive cleaning will wear the leather away.
- Washing your gloves by hand is easy! Just use mild detergent and rinse them well with cold water. Make sure that you clean any part with velcro.
- For machine washing, follow these steps: Set the machine to a delicate cycle, wash the gloves inside out, and secure velcro before throwing them in the washer.
- Machine wash your gloves in a delicate cycle and secure any leather gloves before placing them in the washer.
Never wash a leather glove with bleach.
Drying Your Golf Gloves: Can you put golf gloves in the dryer?
No, it would be best if you never put a golfing glove in a dryer. But if you find yourself in a situation where you have to, please read on.
- It would be best if you always air-dried your leather golf gloves. If you expose the dry to extreme heat, it will shrink and crack.
- Hanging the gloves out in the open with good airflow can help them dry.
- It’s a good idea to use a leather conditioner to keep your leather from drying out. You can use it after a long day or after washing.
- When it comes to the right leather conditioners for your needs, choose creams or sprays. You can choose Honey Leather Conditioner for your leather, no matter whether you need a product to condition your leather shoes or your leather gloves.
With proper care, golf gloves can last a long time. However, it is natural for them to get damaged over time. Luckily, there are a few ways to extend their lifespan. If you properly wash and dry your gloves on the right track, you can wear durable gloves for your next use. One consideration is that, if your gloves become unusable you should buy a new one.
If you are a golfer, you know how annoying it is when golf gloves are not cleaned properly. Your golf gloves are some of your most important gear, but some people resist cleaning their golf gloves. Some people will only clean their golf gloves when they are too dirty to use, but that isn’t very smart. Golf gloves can be cleaned with simple soap and water, but it is recommended that you clean your golf gloves after every use.